[VHFcontesting] ARRL's Log Book of the World

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL's Log Book of the World
From: aa1yn@aa1yn.com (Lee Scott - AA1YN)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:51 2003
At 04:38 PM 5/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I gave the open beta of the league's "Log Book of the World" a try.  I was
>actually surprised to find that it has several features we VHFer will find
>interesting.  First it can handle rovers and those of us who operate from
>multiple locations.  You can set up multiple locations complete with their
>grid square and then enter QSOs that will be associated with that location.
>You can also set up an alternative call such as KE6FI/r.  One problem
>however, if your contest logging software uses "PH" for the mode, the beta
>software will not accept the QSOs.  The next version of the software should
>resolve this.

I also gave this a try a few days ago but as of yet have not entered the
contacts from any of the VHF contests.  My general activity log, which to
my surprise contained 3/4 VHF and only 1/4 HF activity, already confirms
some DXCC for 6m. Another word of caution, replace any WSJT and JT44 mode
contacts with DATA mode of operation.

I think they have a ways to go as far as reporting confirmed contacts as
far as listing confirmed DXCC or Sates or what not but it is a good beginning.

This week I will try to get most all of my VHF/UHF/Microwave contest
contacts into the system. I would think since a station with a QSO date is
fixed per the location, the contacts would count towards a WAS award even
though the information was not exchanged.

Lee Scott - AA1YN
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Hooksett, NH
FN43gc52