[VHFcontesting] Rover logging

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover logging
From: ihi@frontiernet.net (ihi@frontiernet.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:51 2003
George,

As you can see from the replies, there certainly are a lot of choices.
Don't forget to look at Tom's RoverLog.

http://www.2ub.org/roverlog/

Many of the programs do not score correctly for rovers, but roverlog does.
It does support networking if you plan to go with two operators.   It also
supports attachment of a GPS receiver, keeps the time correct from GPS and
automatically changes grid as you move from square to square.  It is not
very robust in the connection to radios and keeping track of what stations
are on what frequencies and that is handy.  But I guess life is always a set
of compromises isn't it.  It has served Tom (KB2SSS) and I well while
rovering.  BTW, I prefer WriteLog for fixed (single or multi) operation.

Good luck in your adventure.  Rover operation can be a real pile of fun

73
Jack
WA2IID