[VHFcontesting] Powering microwave amps from portable supplies

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Powering microwave amps from portable supplies
From: WA5VJB@FLASH.NET (Kent Britain)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:51 2003
Hi Robert:

A Silicon Diode has about .7 V drop, so I just put 5 diodes in series
between the battery and my 10V Collins 5.8 GHz amp.
(Proper amperage of course.)

To protect the amp, the TR relay switching 10V power to amp
is powered by the -12 V supply.   So if the neg supply isn't there,
the relay doesn't close.  Seemed easier to me than a bunch of
switching FET's and logic circuits.

73's WA5VJB