[VHFcontesting] 2002 June VHF analysis

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2002 June VHF analysis
From: ksjones@zoominternet.net (ksjones)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:52 2003
Not sure why, but I decided to download the whole 2002 June VHF database and
look at a couple of things.  I was curious how many people were (or were
not) active on various bands, which sections were most active and how much
the microwave (2304 and up) bands contributed to various scores.  I went
ahead and recalculated the scores with the 2304 and up contribution removed.
It did change the top ten in a couple of cases.  I did not include any
re-scoring methodology, but that would be pretty easy to due, especially on
the complete worksheet.  The value of the microwave bands is obvious from
here and keeping them active is a very good thing, IMHO.

Again, this was an exercise that I did for not apparent reason other than
curiosity.  You'd think I was really bored or something.  Can't guarantee
that I didn't do something goofy in the file either.  One never knows!  :-)
The Excel file is located at
http://k3lr.net/downloads/junevhf02.zip

Hope someone finds it interesting.

73, Scott - N3RA