[VHFcontesting] RE: N0DQS Mobil Grid hopping this weekend

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: N0DQS Mobil Grid hopping this weekend
From: gmitch@iowatelecom.net (Gene)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:52 2003
At 10:06 PM 5/29/03 -0500, Gene wrote:
>I will have the cell phone along if anyone wants to try some bands.

I'd like to diplomatically point out that using non-amateur communication
to request, or establish schedules during the contest period is against the
ARRL contest rules.

Dave/K8CC

I would like to point out to everyone that I announced I was going out grid
hopping this weekend and am not operating any contests. In fact when this
was planned I was unaware that there were any contests this weekend but
there must be a 6 meter contest. Again I am not involved in any contests and
as near as I can tell there are no ARRL contests this weekend !
Dave, I appreciate you pointing this out(non amateur means of communication
to set up scheds) but I have been operating the ARRL contest for a while and
am very well aware of the rules regarding this. My post announced that I am
going Grid Hopping This Weekend, this is no different than a couple of weeks
ago when I went to North and South Dakota grid hopping.

Hope to catch some of you Saturday
73
gene
N0DQS/mobil