[VHFcontesting] all night 6M Es opening

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] all night 6M Es opening
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:52 2003
On Fri, 30 May 2003, John K9IJ wrote:

> At 02:11 PM 5/30/2003 -0500, Zack Widup wrote:
> >When was the VHF contest with the HUGE opening in the Midwest?  It was a
> >January VHF Sweepstakes and was one of the years 1976-79 but I forget
> >which exactly.
>
> Two years ago, in June, it was open all night from Chicago to Texas but
> there was hardly
> anybody awake on either end.

I remember that one, and I'm kicking myself for not having some sort of
alerting system to let me know about it.

The big opening I'm thinking of was one of two years we had a big multi-op
effort in VHF SS here in Champaign, IL.  W9IP and W3EP might remember, as
I think they were both in on it, but I don't know if either is on this
reflector.

73, Zack W9SZ