[VHFcontesting] June QSO plans and opinion

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June QSO plans and opinion
From: w8car@buckeye-express.com (Dan Kovatch)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:52 2003
My plans have changed and I'll be home for the June QSO party. In light of
the recent thread about activity I decided to do some station upgrades and
spend more time 'on air' in the upcoming test. I'd be interested in others
plans and what specifically you (or the ever popular "they") will be doing
to increase activity levels......

THE PLAN: I will be building a long boom Quagi for 432. I currently have the
8 L version and it works well but the long boom should be worth a few extra
Qs on 432. I will be checking all feed lines and SWRs to make sure the loss
is low. I also will attempt  to build the "Rope Ladder" 2 meter Quagi
described in March '95 QST to supplement the 13 L 2 meter beam. Tentative
plans call for it to be aimed roughly at 90 degrees from the Ohio qth in
hopes of catching everything East that is 'in line' with it. Hopefully it
will be movable over a range of about 30 degrees to maximize it's claimed 20
DB of gain (the article gives no info on beamwidth but I imagine it's very
narrow)

So, what say? What are others planning to increase activity?

Dan
W8CAR