[VHFcontesting] Fwd: IC-2100H problem

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: IC-2100H problem
From: k9ij@vx5.com (John K9IJ)
Date: Sat Jul 12 19:48:30 2003
At 09:13 AM 7/12/2003 -0400, AG2A wrote:

>>Has anyone had a problem with the Icom IC-2100h not releasing from
>>transmit after letting go of the ptt button? I must power off and on or
>>pull the mic out of the rig to go back into receive.  This started after
>>a ride in the car (rig not used mobile) to the field day site, where I
>>was going to use it for simplex contacts. It was working fine before the
>>trip and I feel that some option was engaged with the bouncing during the
>>ride... I tried a cpu reset but it was no help. Any ideas out there??
>>
>>                                         Tom - ag2a

Quite possibly the radio has been put in "One Touch" PTT. Look at page 20
of the manual (download it from
http://www.icomamerica.com/downloads/terms_and_conditions.html?/downloads/manuals.html

if you don't have it).

Basicly,

You push Func [PTT-M (3)] and then the PTT operates 'Push once for trans',
'Push again for rcv'. To turn it off, hit Func [PTT-M (3)] again.

Hope this helps
John - K9IJ

-

John Rice  K9IJ