[VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] Re: The CQWW-VHF Contest,and The Rover Resour

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] Re: The CQWW-VHF Contest,and The Rover Resource Page
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Sun Jul 13 19:23:12 2003
"Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" wrote:
In reference to http://www.BEACONet.org...

> An example of how *not* to animate a website.
>
> Mike wrote
>
> I don't know ... I suppose it would depend upon what type of an internet
> connection you have.  My son is a CMS programmer for LeTourneau Univ in
> Longview TX and they design all pages to be viewed on a 28.8 connection.  I
> believe that he told me that their research shows that something like 80% of
> all internet users are on 28.8 or less connections.

Hi Mike,
I asked the originator to explain what they meant, but no response yet.  Barring
that, I agree with you.  Frankly...if there is anyone on the list with a dial-up
account ... I'd appreciate a private email that tells me how long it takes to
load, please.

In the mean time...learn all about CU2QSO...the ARRL Contest Desk says, "It's
Contest Delicious!". :)

Thanks!

Ev, W2EV