[VHFcontesting] WRTC for VHF?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WRTC for VHF?
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Tue Jul 29 17:02:56 2003
To try and bring up another idea along with the
captive rover thread, I will bring up an idea I have
had for some time.  They have the WRTC contest every
two years on HF where the world's HF contestors get
together and operate equal stations in the same
location, to try and level the playing field as much
as possible.  I think it would be great to have a
similar event on VHF.  Get together 20 or so similarly
equipped stations within a 50 mile or so radius for a
VHF contest, and let the teams go at it.

I think this would be educational for all.  The east
coast guys would come to understand the challanges we
face here in the Midwest-like lack of activity on many
of the bands.  When the contest is held in the
Northeast we can experience their problems-like QRM on
1296 and the like.

73s John NE0P