[VHFcontesting] Rover antenna question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover antenna question
From: rwmcgwier@comcast.net (Robert McGwier)
Date: Fri Aug 1 14:30:38 2003
I consider K5UHF to be typical of the absolute top of the
heap rovers in the U.S.  Go to qrz.com and put in K5UHF.
Ken has told me the loop yagis and the others he uses survive
the 70+ mph breezes quite well!  The really high surface
area antennas such as dishes, he folds down for the high
speed portions.  Ken did 35 or 39 grids in a recent contest.

Bob
N4HY