[VHFcontesting] EM05 in September Test

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EM05 in September Test
From: tad danley <tdanley@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:56:09 -0500
Looks like I will be able to operate portable from EM05 for about the first 24 hours of the September VHF QSO Party. I will be on 6, 2 and 432 using single Par Omniangle antennas for each band with my FT-100D in the Jeep, so will be running 100 watts on 6, 50 watts on 2 and 20 watts on 432.

Since I've never been to EM05 I'm looking for some ideas on locations from which to operate. It looks like there is a point north of Elk City in Beckham County that is at 1928' elevation, but I'm not sure how accessible it is by vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas on this or any other location?

Thanks in advance and 73,

--
Tad Danley, K3TD