[VHFcontesting] Plans for Sept VHF contest.

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Plans for Sept VHF contest.
From: "Rusty Boling" <deputyb112@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:17:40 -0400
A portion of the Ocoee Amateur Radio Society (OARS) WD4OAR will be active during the Sept VHF contest from just inside North Carolina (EM75) on the Cherohala Skyway at the 5300+ ft elevation level. Fortunately we got approval from the National Forest Service to set up along the Skyway itself months ago. We will be active on 6, 2, and 432 SSB/CW as well as 6, 2, 1 1/4, and 70cm FM. This will be our 1st effort as a club in the VHF arena. I have set up at this location several times in years past during various contests. Hope to catch you all on the bands!!!
Rusty Boling
AE4BK
OARS Vice President