[VHFcontesting] 2M tropo Sept 07

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M tropo Sept 07
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:25:24 +0000
Some really long haul tropo last Saturday night (Sept 07 utc). I drove out to my contest operating site in the Flint Hills and worked all the way to New England with 10 watts and a 4 el yagi on 2M. Best DX on 2M was K5MA out on Cape Cod (FN41). K5MA was in for over an hour peaking up to 5x5 - 5x7 on ssb. Stations in Dallas Ft. Worth including KA5DWI worked all the way to Maine (K1WHS) on 2M! Now if this had been Saturday night of the Sept. VHF QSO Party...

- Jon N0JK