[VHFcontesting] VP9/N0JK still on

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VP9/N0JK still on
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:18:22 +0000
Hurricane Fabian caused significant to Bermuda last weekend. I spoke at length on the phone with Ed, VP9GE. Several large trees fell, knocking off power at his home. Despite this, he encouraged me to continue with my planned contest activity this weekend from Bermuda.

I will be QRV on the VHF bands from Bermuda in the contest. As power will be from generator/battery, will concentrate on peak times in the contest to CQ, and monitor on battery power other times. Hope we get some openings.

- Jon VP9/N0JK