[VHFcontesting] BPL - A NEW SLANT

To: fairfaxares@yahoogroups.com, mailman@contesting.com, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net, OWNER-vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, pvrc@mailman.qth.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, w3tom@arrl.net, RACES@yahoogroups.com, ARESv@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] BPL - A NEW SLANT
From: NEDROG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:06:38 -0400
I got a copy of WORLDRADIO, October 2003 - Year 33 - Issue 4, in the mail today
and was reading WORLDRADIO Newsfront, and from the column quoted supplied by
--ARNewsline,
"The problems is that powerlines are not shielded.  They will act as much like
giant antennas as they will a closed carrier for the broadband connection."

OK! We all know that they are going to supply garbage and a tremendous amount
of noise on our precious HAM BANDS.

OK! My question is -- now that we are going to have all of this radiation going
on -- and if it is going to bother us, what is going to STOP those that want to
steal our IDENTITIES (as is being done on the internet), from this new service
and also to keep BIG BROTHER from doing the same thing??

I have not seen this question raised before.

73's,

Howard W3CQH