[VHFcontesting] Fwd: [PVRC] Fw: K3HCE Silent Key

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: [PVRC] Fw: K3HCE Silent Key
From: Dave Pascoe <km3t@km3t.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:27:46 -0400 (EDT)
K3DNE wrote:
> This indeed is very sad news.  I have very fond memories of working Bill
> both from his Baltimore and Rock Hall QTH's dating back to the late
> 70's.  He was one of my first 432Mhz contacts.  Bill was always a true
> gentleman and seemed to always find time to get on during a contest to
> give out points even if he wasn't working the contest.

I, too, have fond memories of working Bill, primarily from his Rock Hall,
MD QTH around 1980 and later.  He always had a rock-crushing signal into
Philadelphia, where I lived at the time.  His signal was the first one
that helped me discover how loud one could be on paths with a lot of
water.

He was very interesting to talk to and always very active on 144 MHz and
the other bands.

RIP Bill.  We will miss you.

73,
Dave KM3T