Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 collinear array setup

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "David Vondrasek" <n5ito@davidv.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 collinear array setup
From: "jeff millar" <wa1hco@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:38:08 -0400
Dave...

Definitely stack them vertically.  If you go horizontal, the beam width gets
too narrow and you miss stations.

The H frame consists of one (or two) horizontal member(s) with two vertical
members on the ends.  Here's some pictures from a brief google search

    http://w9ice.com/220_H_frame.jpg
    http://w9ice.com/wb8erb_ant_work2.jpg
    http://www.mgef.org/timeline/1973.htm
    http://www.n1bug.net/station/neweme/432qrp.html
    http://www.m2inc.com/products/vhf/2m/2MXP28DS.pdf
    http://www.elite.net/~k7xq/about_me.html

On my tower, I plan to locate the bottom two antennas below the top of the
tower.  The top guys attach one tower section below the top, leaving 10 ft
of free space for the lower antennas on the H.   This maximizes the amount
of mast available for other antennas....and provides additional vertical
mounting places for stacked beams on the higher bands...like two 1296
loopers on one side and two 903 loopers on the other.

jeff, wa1hco