[VHFcontesting] Rig Blaster for Rovers

To: "Vhfcontesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rig Blaster for Rovers
From: "ke3ht" <ke3ht@lmrgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:58:40 -0400
I have been attempting to get a RigBlaster device to work while mobile. The
Rigblaster recommends you always run it off of AC power to keep it isolated.
The problem is that the wall wart they use does not appear to do great
filtering of the AC power. This is barely noticed when running at home but
you can see it on the microphone output from the RigBlaster with a O'Scope.
Now try to run mobile and you will use a power inverter as did I. Now you
have real big problems with nasty audio.

I would like to know if anyone has solved this problem in a unique way? I am
getting ready to cut the wall wart cord and put in a quality power supply
that is isolated or maybe just a small 12volt gel cell battery just for the
RigBlaster. do you have any good ideas?

Thanks

Tim Ertl (KE3HT/r Pennsylvania)
ke3ht@lmrgroup.com