Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital DVK?

To: Tom Provost <wa2yjf@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Digital DVK?
From: "Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM" <flowersa@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:18:29 -0400
Tom,

Have a look at RoverLog by N1MU: http://roverlog.2ub.org/

It is a logging program for contests, but it will do exactly what you want. We used this at W2FU with WSJT running at the same time. Basically, it uses your computer's soundcard to produce the voice and CW. It will store three voice messages and five CW messages in memory with associated function keys. (CW is sent as an audio tone, but you can make a little "VOX" circuit to hard key your rig in CW mode with a couple radioshack parts so that you can put it in next to your keyer--see the manual.) You only have to plug in one soundcard this way.

Andy K0SM/2

Tom Provost wrote:

I have one of my two computers in the shack wired to my vhf rig for WSJT use on 2. I was wondering if anyone knows of any program that can be used as a DVK with my rigblaster? I would love to use this setup for CQ'ing during contests. I have logging software that will do this however it is not on this machine. I am not looking for logging software just something to pick/play wav files with a mouse click. Any ideas?

Tom - ag2a