[VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] Xvrtr Question

To: "Donald M. Ross" <dross@sirinet.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] Xvrtr Question
From: Lew <lew@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:43:33 -0700
Donald M. Ross wrote:
I'm starting to look at the advantages and disadvantages of using an HF
radio with a 2m transverter and have a question that I have not been
able to get answered.
If you use a 756PRO as the IF, is the dual watch function monitoring the
xvrtr frequency or the IF frequency?
What about an FT-1000D with its dual receive?

Not sure about the 756PRO, but the FT1000MP & Mark V both play on the X-verter frequencies when you go into the dual mode. I'd suspect that the FT1000D is the same way as the FT1000MP. It's a slick way to go...one ear for the beacons and the other S & P-ing or bleating CQ's or whatever.
73 and I remain,
Lew W7EW/W7AT