[VHFcontesting] 2 Meter Sprint

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2 Meter Sprint
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@worldpath.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:00:29 +0100
Hi Folks,
    I had plenty of fun during the 144 Sprint on Monday night, I was QRV from
about 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM.  It sure was nice to hear lots of activity on the
band. Contacts had been sparse since the Sept contest.  I guess sensory
overload will do that to people!  During the Sprint,I even tried a few other
microwave bands with folks who were interested. I ended up with 61 QSOs in 21
grids on 144 from FN43MJ
    I was disappointed with activity to the NE from FN43. I believe I only
worked one station in that direction!  Thanks to N1UYU in Ellsworth, ME. for
FN54. Thanks for getting on!!  There are many grids up there that never seem to
have any activity in them. To the SW it was a different story.  Quite a few
contacts were made in FN20 21 and 30 around NYC and Philly. The band was
hoppin' in that direction. There was also plenty of activity from FN12 and 13.
There were some gud dx type contacts during the evening. VE3AX in FN02, K3TKJ
in FM28 Delaware, and K8GUN in West Virginia FM09.  Somehow I missed W3CMP in
FN10.(?)  It sure was  a fun evening. Thanks to all who turned their beams up
toward Maine.
    I am watching the weather patterns daily, and hope we get some tropo before
winter sets in. If it looks good I'll be there!!

73
Dave K1WHS