[VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint - K1TEO

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint - K1TEO
From: WA2TEO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:59:55 -0400
Enjoyed the chance to get on for about 1 hour 45 minutes last night in the
sprint. Activity was so-so and condx seemed to be a little below average based
on signal strengths and regularly checking the beacons. Nice to work 8 stations
in WNY, AL1VE in FN54, and 3 stations in Va.. Total was 42 q's in 21 grids.
Also operated a little under an hour last week in the 144 sprint. Tough to get
on for more time after the Sept contest and the 10 ghz contest just prior.
Limited myself to 200w output to keep the neighbors happy and give (the
ARRL)low power category a tryout. The one thing I can say is that stations
seemed to get very close (0.5 - 1.5 khz)  and call cq as if I wasn't there. I
think I had more qrm in my short time on in the sprint than I do in a regular
contest, hi! Anyway, worked 55 q's in 27 grids on 2. Cu on 432 and tnx to the
ETDXA for sponsorship. CU, Jeff K1TEO