[VHFcontesting] MAD

To: <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MAD
From: "Bill Seabreeze" <w3iy@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:42:47 -0500
Yo,
It looks like Old Man Winter is messing with the last Microwave
Activity Days of the year.  We probably won't be able to get up
to the mountains, but we still plan to get out someplace and be
a weak signal source for those within range of FM19ha.  I
strongly encourage everyone to get on and check out your
VHF/UHF/microwave microwave apparatus.  It's a lot easier to
fix broke stuff now, before the big freeze sets in.  Hope to work
a few guys on the higher bands on Sat 0800-1200 local, and
Monday nite, 1900-2300.

Make Some Noise now, while there's still time to un-mute
yerself.  Blow the spiders outta yer horns...spin the dials, and
find some stations to work.  Try 144.260 and call/listen.  There's
a lot of new activity around on 2m SSB from guys running
verticals.  They really seem to enjoy trying SSB, and finding
real activity.  Maybe we can all work to recruit some new blood
into the weak signal world.  Please take time to work these guys,
and let them in on the fun of working some stuff on the VHF &
above bands.  Maybe you can find a new user for your old
horizontal 2m beam...

That is all.
73,
Bill W3IY/R