[VHFcontesting] Creating new categories for rovers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Creating new categories for rovers
From: "Bill Burgess" <braillist@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:16:32 -0500
Hi all,

Here I thought I had friends, but now that I am trying to build the rovering
station that has better results, somebody wants to complicate the issue.

When competing with those with more experience, the newbie rover needs all the
help he/she can muster including in the antenna system, especially when it is
multi-op vs single op.  I note in past contests that many get greater scores by
running more bands even if running qrp.
This naturally encourages me to put as many bands as practical in a contest.
Those of us in Canada have little to work to our north whereas others have lots
to work in most directions, so we need the punch to reach farther south.

So please don't stomp on me too soon with new restrictions.  It reminds me of
my full ex-employer, no names mentioned, that kept adding steps above me to
keep people from reaching the top and management.

I hope Santa has visited the major ham outlets before going to your homes this
Christmas to load up with your dream items.

Season's Greetings de

Bill

VE3CRU@rac.ca or

Email: braillist@sympatico.ca