Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Six Meter Contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Six Meter Contest
From: "Dan Evans" <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:52:32 -0500
> Ward Silver wrote:
 > What about just adding 6 meters to the 10 Meter Contest as a separate
band.

I don't like the idea of adding 6 meters to the 10 Meter contest.  As much
as I enjoy 6, I really love the 10 meter contest and one of it's best points
is the simplicity.  Just one band.  No band changes.  No worrying about
which band you can hold the best rate on, etc...

Now, what I would be in favor of is adding 6 meters to most, or all, of the
major, multi band,  HF only contests.  Just think about all of the extra
activity on 6!  All of those big HF contest stations would have to add 6 to
compete.  Lots of those stations would discover the "magic," of the magic
band:-)  Plus it would add a whole new set of stations/mults to scores.
Just think how much fun Sweep Stakes could be:-)

Just a thought, I get them occasionally!
73
Dan

Dan Evans K9ZF
Scottsburg, IN 47170