[VHFcontesting] Ordering DEMI transverters

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Ordering DEMI transverters
From: "Bill Burgess" <braillist@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:55:47 -0500
Greetings,

When ordering DEMI transverters, it is important to tell them what you are
driving it with and the power output.  They will put attenuators in the
transverter for a 10 watt output transceiver, for example.  They also include
provisions for a transmit preamp should the output of your transceiver
transverter outlet not be sufficient to drive the transverter to full power.  I
need this extra stage for my Icom 756 ProII as the required output is -0 dBm
and the output of the ProII is -20 dBm (22 mv).

In the kit, a set of ribs between two strips has to be cut and removed using a
soldering iron, then the IC is installed in this area along with a few other
parts and jumper wire.  The kit includes these parts whether you need them now
or in the future.

Bill VE3CRU

Bill

Email: braillist@sympatico.ca