[VHFcontesting] Changes in list configuration/ KEEP THIS MESSAGE

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Changes in list configuration/ KEEP THIS MESSAGE
From: "Eugene Zimmerman" <ezimmerm@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:59:17 -0500
After consulting with the IT people, I have restricted the reflector to
subscribers only.

Under the current settings, your mail will NOT be posted if any of the
following occurs:

>You are not a subscriber.  You can still read posts in the archives at
contesting.com but you cannot post unless you are a subscriber.

>Your message contains an attachment.

>Your message is addressed to more than 10 addressees in the to: + cc:
fields.  I see almost no need for cross-posting.  If a message is germane to
VHF Contesting it belongs here.  Otherwise post it elsewhere.

>Your message contains an implicit destination.  For users of Gatesware this
mean anything in the Bcc: Blind Carbon Copy field.  This is a favorite trick
of spammers and such messages will not be posted here.

In each of these cases the message will be discarded.  Even if you get a
"hold" message, know that I will discard your message.

We still request your sending messages in plain text ASCII and NOT sending
messages in HTML or other encoding.  This is just good nettique.  If you
insist on sending them encoded, a filter will strip the encoding. In this
case what you sent may be incomprehensible.

I am sorry to close the reflector but the spam problem has just gotten to
great.

73  Gene W3ZZ
List Administrator