[VHFcontesting] Re: [WSVHF] VHF Friendly Logging Software

To: "Ev Tupis (W2EV)" <w2ev@arrl.net>,Weak Signal eMail Remailer <wsvhf@mailman.qth.net>,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [WSVHF] VHF Friendly Logging Software
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:49:06 -0500
Yes.
Check out VHFTEST (by WG3E) - works for rovers and fixed stations. Designed just for vhf+ contest logging. http://www.vhftest.com/.
This is the vhf+ contest logging program I have used for the past decade with excellent results. It is freeware! Unfortunately it has only been regularly used by a handful of vhf+ contesters and the author is no longer adding enhancements but will continue to correct any critical bugs found and keep the program available as a download.

I use N3FJP's general purpose (AC Log) and the HF SS contest module with excellent results - the vhf contesting module may be worth checking out too - I haven't tried it yet but the other N3FJP windows based logging programs have been very easy to use and set up.
http://www.n3fjp.com/

I have heard good things about the N1MM contest logger from HF ops - the web page states it does support many vhf+ contests and may also be worth checking out. http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/.

FYI,
W3KM is the author of KM rover logger and vhf-uhf contest logger. http://www.qsl.net/w3km/