[VHFcontesting]

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <k1rz@arrl.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting]
From: "Jim Erickson" <jaerickson@mddsg.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:43:46 -0500
The Weather is turning sour here in the Mid Atlantic area.  WE have 3-4
inches on the ground this morning.  It looks like it will be slow going.
Skyline Drive usually closes when they get as little as 2 inches of
snow.

Therefore, the schedule below is out the window.  We are still planning
to make it as far as Roanoke, VA by Saturday night.  If we have to we
will follow rt 81 to Roanoke and stop at rest stops for fixed operation.
Perhaps we can overcome the loss of altitude by running a lot of CW??

So, forget the schedule and look for us to be on. I will try to remember
to announce what grid square we are in often.

73 and GL to all,

Jim K3LFO and Dave KA3TNY
K3LFO ROVER

FORGET THIS SCHEDULE ........
Tentative January VHF Contest Rover Stop Schedule for K3LFO/R

Saturday 1/24/04z
1900 - 2100z    FM19 Catoctin Mountain west of Fredrick, MD
2100 - 2200z    Travel FM19 to FM09
2200 - 2300z    FM09      Sideling Hill near Hancock, MD
2300 - 0000z    Travel FM09 to FM08

Sunday 1/25/04z
0000 - 0200z    FM08 Sky Line Drive Northern end various stops
0200 - 0500z    Travel from FM08 to FM07 in Roanoke
0500 - 1430z    eat and zzzzzzz
1500 - 1600z    FM07 Mill Mountain Just East of Roanoke
1600 - 1630z    Travel from FM07 to EM97
1630 - 1730z    EM97  Just West of Roanoke
1730 - 1800z    Travel from EM97 to EM96
1800 - 1900z    EM96 near Blacksburg
1900 - 1930z    Travel to FM06
1930 - 2000z    FM06
2000 - 2300z    Travel and stops in FM17
2300 - 0030z    Eating stop

Sunday 1/26/04z
0030 - 0200z    Travel and stops in FM17 / FM18
0200 - 0400z    Travel and stops in FM19

We will be operating during transit from one stop to the next, However,
antennas will be limited by direction.

We will use the following frequencies:
50.218
144.218