Re: Fw: [VHFcontesting] Re: Rule precedence...

To: ka5cvh@arrl.net, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Fw: [VHFcontesting] Re: Rule precedence...
From: John Godwin <k5iua@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:46:19 +0000
Hello Mike, JK and others

I believe the statement in General Rules for All ARRl Contests 3.5 "except for family stations where more than one call has been issued" is misunderstood.

When the FCC issues a primary station license it applies to a specific location. Therefore while an amateur station can be in a vehicle and the vehicle can be the only station at the primary station location it does not necessarily make it the primary station. The location does. Therefore once the vehicle moves from the location in the primary station grant it is no longer a station where more than one call has been issued. The only way for a station to have more than one call issued is if that station is the primary station which must be at a specific location A primary station license does not change location just because the holders of a primary station license go mobile. To change the location of a primary station license an application must be presented to the FCC.

If I am incorrect in my understanding of the FCC's station license requirements and or definitions then please point me to where the clarification can be read. Otherwise a rover cannot be a family station per '3.5' and vice versa.

John K5IUA

Mike, sorry but I do not have a web page.