Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestprop

To: VHFContesting eMail Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestproposal...
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:43:24 -0500
Jimk8mr@aol.com wrote:

Stupid idea.
What's wrong if I drive down the freeway a few hundred miles, maybe stop and do something else, then drive back the same route? So I can't work guys on the way home?
73 - Jim K8MR

How can you start out by saying "Stupid idea." and end up with "Best Wishes"? :)

Even so...that is exactly correct. (by the way...this goes to show just how elegantly simple this rule is...folks 'get it' immediately) You can't work guys on the way home *if* you activated a new grid in the mean time. It encourages folks to adapt a strategy of "working as many other people as possible" while they are in a particular grid (hitting two birds with one stone). Rovers are therefore encouraged to do a better job of working everyone they can while they are in a particular grid.

It's win-win.

Ev, W2EV