Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Rover Circling Solution & ARRL VHF+ contestprop

To: Ev Tupis <w2ev@arrl.net>,VHFContesting eMail Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Rover Circling Solution & ARRL VHF+ contestproposals
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:43:34 -0800 (PST)
--- Ev Tupis <w2ev@arrl.net> wrote:
> "Objective: To work as many amateur stations in as
> many different 2
> degrees by 1 degree grid squares as possible using
> authorized
> frequencies above 50 MHz."
>
> N6NB and crew did not operate with this objective in
> mind (and they've
> said so publicly).  One wonders if their logs ought
> to be accepted in
> the first place (now THERE's an interesting spin,
> huh?).

So does this mean I have to run every single minute of
the contest?  If I don't, I am missing the objective
because I am not working as many stations as possible.
 Or suppose that I hear a station calling CQ, but the
baby starts crying at the same time (it has happened).
 If I go take care of by parently duties, I am now in
violation of the objective.

I think that this is an objective, not a rule, in the
contest, and should be treated as such.  Technically,
I am in violation of it for every contest, because I
haven't put up better antennas higher up, which limits
the number of contacts I can make.

73s John NE0P
Who has gone roving before