[VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals
From: N5tif@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:15:34 EST
 I have read many of the post on this subject reconfiguring the rules of the
VHF + contest.

 First as far as the rovers subject is concerned here in TX there are maybe
just 2 or 3
rovers in the entire state.  So if I can log one in the contest its a big
plus for me.  As far as I am concerned we need to find ways to get more rovers
in
the contest not try to make the rules were they give roving up.  Some of you
may remember about 10 years or so ago when they changed the rules.  Many
rovers simply quit due to the rover changes and now we are just seeing more
rovers
coming back since then.  What ever we do lets not go chasing off these guys.

 The only other thing that I may have a beef about in the Jun contest really
the best times for the 1296 on up guys. Even thou some would say the September
is best.  But the Jun should remain all bands.  And move the 6m-1296 to
September or Jan.  But there should be one each year for just these bands as I
think this typ of contest would bring those that have those HF-432 rigs into
the
contest.

 I would like to thank the contest committee for looking at this it has been
long over due.

LEE N5TIF 73
SWOT #3319
6M VUCC