[VHFcontesting] W5VAS SK

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W5VAS SK
From: "Crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:10:53 -0600
Just got an e-mail from Randy KN4QS in EM50. He mentioned that W5VAS passed
away on Monday. Hank had a very potent beacon that ran 185 watts to a squalo up
quite high, although I believe it was moved and running reduced power and
antenna height. When I lived in AL in the 70's and 80's, I could hear it quite
a few times and I was 400 miles airline. No other info available, but hate to
see another avid 6m man leave this life.

                                            Joe W4AAB