[VHFcontesting] For you 432 experts......

To: <wsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,<vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] For you 432 experts......
From: "David Hinton" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:09:34 -0500
I have had poor results with 432 in contests.   My station is a TS-2000 with
a M2 18 element yagi mounted at 25 feet with a 30 foot run 9913 coax.  For
several contests, while running barefoot, I was told by many that they could
hear me 5x5 yet I was unable to hear them.  Thinking the receive was poor I
purchase a TE Systems 4412 amp with a rx preamp.  This seemed to help a
little but was still having folks say they could hear me with my 100 watts
but I was still unable to hear them.  I then hooked up my Icom 820 and gave
it a try with the same results.

In a properly operating system where both stations have equal power a
station should be hearing transmitting and receiving equally.  Anyone have
any suggestions why I am being heard well but not receiving well?????

David
KE4YYD