[VHFcontesting] Re: For you 432 experts......

To: <wsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,<vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: For you 432 experts......
From: "David Hinton" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:08:53 -0500
I have gotten several replies and I appreciate this very much.  Rather than
answer individually I will address the group with one email.

Several made suggestions about better coax.  For clarification, the 9913 was
a generic expression.   The coax is actually 25 feet of Cable Experts
Flexible low loss with factory N connectors, newly installed.  I have a 30
ft piece of 1/2 inch Andrews hard-line which I will try sometime soon.

Some asked about the SWR.  SWR measured about 1:5 to 1.

Some asked about noise.  I am blessed with a low noise environment for 432
and 2 meters.

Some mentioned better antenna system and extra height.  Nice if I could but
that doesn't address TX better than RX.

Some suggested better RX preamps and antenna mounted.  Question-- Is antenna
mounting necessary for a 25 ft coax run???

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

David