Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Poll, What did the rovers think.

To: <ke3ht@ke3ht.org>, <vhf-contest-proposal@arrl.org>,<n2ff@arrl.org>, <n3efn@arrl.org>, <n3srj@arrl.org>,<wb3fpl@arrl.org>, <w1ud@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Poll, What did the rovers think.
From: "David Hinton" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:15:54 -0500
Tim,

One would expect those results from a captive audience.  I think the rule
change committee is trying to satisfy all participants and consequently many
individual participants are crying foul.  For example, some folks living in
a grid with large numbers of contesters might like extra point value for
contacts within their own grid while folks like me who have no other
contestors in my grid might like no points allowed for contacts within one's
own grid.  Folks with lots of bands want extra credit for those bands where
those with one band might say no way.  I feel the committee is trying to be
fair and ascertain that no contester type has a perceived advantage over
another type.  Mistakes may be made but the overall concept is in the right
direction.

David
KE4YYD