[VHFcontesting] W4AN - SK

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4AN - SK
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:25:24 +0000
Very sad to hear the news about Bill, W4AN. Bill supported VHF contesting(hosting this e-mail Reflector on his web site among other things).

I met him once years ago at Dayton in the contest suite. We talked briefly about my idea of getting HF contesters going on contest DXpeditions to operate 6M for solar cycle 23 peak. He was encouraging and supportive. My subsequent trips to HC8, 8P9, KH8, FG, VP9 etc to operate 6M were in part due to his, W6JKV and N5KO's encouragement and support. Please take a moment to remember him.