[VHFcontesting] Pacific NorthWest VHF Plaques

Subject: [VHFcontesting] Pacific NorthWest VHF Plaques
From: Lew <lew@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:22:57 -0700
Ladies, Gentlemen and others,
The 4 beautiful plaques from the 2003 running of the ARRL VHF June Contest have been put into the US Mail today. These plaques were all sponsored by the Boring Amateur Radio Club in an effort to stimulate competition in the CN Grid block area. The current sponsored plaques are for:
Top high power single-op
Top low power single-op
Top qrp/portable single-op
Any rover with >/= 100 total QSO's with at least 4 CN grids

N0JK sponsored one of the plaques last year and we thank him profusely. If you would like to sponsor a plaque for this contest through the Boring Amateur Radio Club for any category,( within the boundaries of marginal taste as determined by a sub-committee of the Club) then advise me of the category and send the Club $50.00 in care of my CBA. The category will then be advertised and the plaque produced for the winner of that class, notching up just a tad the spirit of the competition. Plus your call will forever be inscribed upon that plaque as the donor, smiling down from a Winner's wall.
There will be another note similar to this one shortly before the Tip-off advising the VHF'ers, the UHF'ers and the micro/lighters about the possible hardware awaiting valiant efforts.
It's all about having fun!
73 and I remain,
Lew W7EW Charlie Nasty eighty-fourrr
Boring Amateur Radio Club Subcommittee on Plaques and Stuff