Re: [VHFcontesting] New contest

To: sixmeters@k7uv.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com,NWWSVHF@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New contest
From: K3uhf@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 02:10:42 EDT
1/2 hour between grid switches, stops grid circling in mass.  This means
staying in a grid for atleast 1/2 hour.  I try to stay one or 2 myself.

Distance modifier calculating.
If you are in dn 13 and work dn 14 it would be one for the distance modifier
X the grid classification.   If you worked dn 17 it would be four x the grid
classification. if it was dn 27 it would be five x grid classification.
Basicly subtract the one grid from the other but subtract the 10's first then
the
ones next dn 27 - dn 13 would be (2-1) + (7-3) or just count them on a map
without going diagnaly, like a rook on a chess board.  Do not count your own
square. ( 10 is the limit). Also when you change Prefixes ie cn to Dn the lower
number must be considered 10+ the number. IE CM 99 next to Cn 90 is (9-9) +
(10-9)
= 1

The easiest is to count it on a grid map, free from Icom on the internet. I
imagine software would come along if the contest works.  You can write down the
grid and do the math later after the contest.

I hope it would be easy after a while, IE cn84 to CN 96 is up 2 and over one
therefore it has a distance modifier of three.

The guy in cn 96 will say he's down 2 and over one he must be 3.