[VHFcontesting] Where's Maine?? (Future dxpeditions?)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Where's Maine?? (Future dxpeditions?)
From: "Carrington, Walter" <Walter.Carrington@umassmed.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:03:57 -0400
If I'm reading my maps right Maine contains  parts of 13 grids.  And I've only
worked 3 of them,  ever.   And I'm only 65 miles from the Maine border.  Of
course I'm 365 miles from the furthest point in Maine (FN67) -- isolated to say
the least.  Ken Hargers maps show only 2 grids activated in 2002 and 2003.
       Are there contest rovers I've missed that can work into Mass?
       Is there interest in future dxpeditions (contest or noncontest) to rare
Maine or Canadian Maritime grids?  (Not this contest,  though).
-Walter,  K1CMF
Ashburnham, MA
FN42bq