[VHFcontesting] W9SZ SO Portable (QRP) June VHF QSO Party 2004

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W9SZ SO Portable (QRP) June VHF QSO Party 2004
From: "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:37:27 -0500
                       ARRL VHF QSO PARTY -- 2004

      Call:      W9SZ
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     QRP
      Band:      All Band
      Mode:      CW
      State:     IL
      Grid:     EN50xf, hilltop NE of Urbana, IL

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

      144       18       18          12
      222        7       14           7
      432       10       20           8
      903        2        6           2
      1.2        3        9           3
     -----------------------------------

     Totals     40       67          32  =   2,144

Equipment Description: All homebrew transverters and antennas.  HTX-100 and
FT290RII as IF rigs.  5 to 10 watts out.

Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

I wish I'd had more time in the contest.  The thunderstorms predicted for
Sunday never did materialize while I was active.  Wind was ferocious Sunday
morning but died in the afternoon and the weather was perfect.  Conditions
weren't spectacular but they picked up just before sunset on Sunday evening.
Thanks to everyone who had the patience to dig for my little signal.

73, Zack W9SZ