[VHFcontesting] Stacking DEM Loopers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Stacking DEM Loopers
From: "N8UM" <n8um@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:46:40 -0400
I am preparing to stack 2 short (6ft boom) DEM 903 loopers vertically in my
rover setup.  My first instinct is to "flip" the bottom looper so it is very
easy to mount.  Is this correct?  Will I have a phase cancellation betwix
the two beams?  Is there a proper way to stack loopers?

I also have a pair of short K1FO 432 beams (6ft booms) that I plan to stack
vertically.  Similar issue.  Can I flip the center conductor and ground lead
on one driven element so I can have both the N connectors facing each other
and not have to route coax thru the plane of the elements?

The K1WHS/DEM web page talks of a stacking info sheet for DEM loopers but I
cannot find it and have not been able to contact Dave on the phone.

John B.  N8UM  Oak Ridge, Tennessee