[VHFcontesting] NE0P Contest Results (EM04)

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] NE0P Contest Results (EM04)
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
Not much in way of propagation here.  We did have a 30
minute opening at the beginning of the contest into MD
and FL, but only the big gun stations were coming
through.  There were hit or miss openings into FL the
rest of the time on saturday.  Didn't hear anything
out of the ordinary on sunday.  Of course life events
(and a 19 month old daughter) kept me from playing
contest for all 30 hours.

2 meters was average.  Got the 2 meter beam up by
11:15 am saturday.  That is cutting it close as the
contest started at 1pm.  Happiness is just guessing
where to put the shorting bar on the gamma match,
going inside to check the SWR, and find that it is
flat.

Here are my totals-running a FT100D at 100 watts to a
2 element mini quad on 6, and 50 watts to a 10 element
cushcraft at 2, both lower than they should be:

6 meters: 20 QSOs 9 grids
2 meters: 11 QSOs 6 grids
Total: 630 points

No new grids on either band.