[VHFcontesting] W3SO LM FN00

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3SO LM FN00
From: Ed Steeble <esteeble@sc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:00:05 -0400
The operators were: W3BTX, K3IXD, KB3LGS (W3SF's harmonic), AI3M, W3SF, W3TEF, W3YOZ, and K4VV. This is a PVRC team entry.

Our claimed score is 356349
6m 353 QSOs 59 grids
2m 434 QSOs 73 grids
222 152 QSOs 50 grids
432 200 QSOs 57 grids

Thanks again to the rovers; they keep us going in the slow times. Rovers accounted for 152 QSOs out of our 1139 QSOs or 13%. We logged 19 QSO with K3LFO, 16 QSOs with K8MR, and 14 with KE3HT. The rovers and others were patient and stood by as we worked the queue of passes on 432 MHz as fast as possible.

We had no 6m opening and no 2m opening; but there were "reaches" to the west on 6M and 2M; and enhancements on 222 and 432 to Canada. Our best DX on 6m was about 695 miles to EN79 and on 2m it was 675 miles to FM04.

The newly installed 6m stack fixed northeast worked well.

We got the CT "last 100 QSOs" meter over 100 several times late Saturday afternoon and again on Saturday night.

Murphy did NOT visit us! Our weather was good all weekend. And this was topped off by AI3M's XYL again preparing excellent meals through out the weekend for us.

For the Wopsononock Mountaintop Operators,
Ed
K3IXD