Re: [VHFcontesting] KE4YYD Dave EL 79

To: <wb4jgg@arrl.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KE4YYD Dave EL 79
From: "David Hinton" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:14:19 -0400
David,

Thanks for your concern.  Bonnie came right over us but wasn't much to it.
Charley was 100 miles east with no problems.  Frances was 20 miles east with
no problems.  Ivan was 150 miles west and was more problems in our area than
the other three closer ones.  We had no damage to anything, only power
outage for several hours.

I tried to work the ARRL contest before Ivan but found very slim pickings in
Florida due to damage from Frances to the Florida stations.  A total of 11
contacts on 2 meters and 70 cm.

David
KE4YYD