[VHFcontesting] RE: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 21, Issue 28

To: "'vhfcontesting@contesting.com'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 21, Issue 28
From: "DUGAS, JASON A. (JSC-EP) (NASA)" <jason.a.dugas@nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 06:28:43 -0500
Rusty,
I doubt you will find another power supply that has the successful,
combined-operating hours as the Astrons.  You mentioned a 25A-- consider the
35A version.  I have been using 2m SSB rigs + the 3016 amp for years now
with not a single problem and I bought mine used several years ago.  While
I'm a power electronics engineer, I haven't done any tests per se on the
ASTRONs but I can tell you that I typically stick with what works-- if you
get the right ASTRON power supply for your application (35M has the voltage
& current meters on the face) I'm certain it will work well for you.

You might consider repairing your Pyramid...  Power Supplies tend to be good
projects since their operation is well understood by many...

Jason

Message: 3