Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Take the survey on Contesting.com

To: VHFContesting eMail Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Take the survey on Contesting.com
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 06:57:29 -0400
Michael Urich wrote:

Now if you're not interested in people going to the trouble of putting
rare grids on the air then that's a different discussion. However if
I'm going to make the effort to activate a rare WTX grid baby I'm
doing it on a contest week-end.

Hi Mike,
The survey is asking about a person's ability to gain access to Internet services during a contest (or within 24 hours afterward). As you noted, "[interest] in getting people going to the trouble of putting rare grids on the air [is] a different discussion", indeed.

It sounds like you could regain access, but the "within 24-hours" thing is the limiting factor. So noted...and thanks.

The survey didn't define the contest period. Would your answer change if the contest event were "sprint like" (5-hours over one night)? Would (or Have) you Roved to rare grids for Sprints or stayed home (or not operated)?

Unfortunately, I'm heading to Orlando for 4 days, starting this morning. I'll have no pop-mail access to the list (unless there is a web-interface to it...which I'll check out). There may be a flurry of reply emails from me upon my return. :)

Best wishes,
Ev, W2EV