[VHFcontesting] 432_Sprint

To: <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432_Sprint
From: "Bill Seabreeze" <w3iy@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:35:21 -0400
The 432 sprint was really fun from FM19bb. We had a great time hunting QSOs and grids from the eyes of
W4RX's 4 x 24el antenna and 1800ft MSL qth. The band
seemed mostly average (for fall) with some occassional QSB enhancement. Best DX was K1WHS in FN43,
but Dave is usually workable from this QTH. He peaked
about S5 and never went into the noise.

Activity was very good in our area. Searching for grids
is challenging with a high-gain antenna on 432, but we did manage to work 29 grids and 65 QSOs. We were
finding new grids right up until the end.

Tnx to W4RX for letting me use his awesome station, to the stations active, and to the SVHFS for continuing
to sponsor this fun series of mini-contest/events. They
are really FUN!

73, Bill W3IY